Sunday, June 14, 2009

Recipes

Lately, okay maybe not lately- more like always, I have been craving chocolate. I decided to make some homemade chocolate chip cookies. MMMM, just the sound of the gooey goodness makes my mouth water! I bought all of the ingredients, per the recipe on the back of the Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Morales baggy. I mixed all of the ingredients and followed the recipe. I scooped the chocolate chip covered dough onto a cookie sheet and simply couldn't wait to gobble up all of my hard work as I dunk them into ice cold milk. Now I am sure that you are thinking to yourself about running to your fridge to see if you have any cookie dough so you could indulge in the yummy soft, warm, gooey goodness of chocolate right out of the oven! As the oven timer beeped loudly to let me know they were done I was already getting them out of the oven! As I waited for them to cool off a little I began to pick at the egdes just for a little taste.......I already had preconcieved notions of what they would taste like. I was ready for them to simply melt in my mouth as the warm gooey chocolate melted on my tongue and the ice cold milk washed it down!



Much to my surprise........that were HORRIBLE. Something was missing and I couldn't figure it out. I threw away 3 baking sheets of cookies and less than half a bowl of dough. I mean honestly how hard is it to make a batch of delicious chocolate chip cookies? Well this recipe was not very good.

Before we know it........I-am-wishing-for-a-delicious-chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe.

Does anyone have one they want to share with me?

1 comment:

  1. YAY! A new post! such disappointment in the cookies, I feel your pain! Sounds like a cooking date approaching.. we will find a good one to wow ourselves with!

    ReplyDelete