Monday, February 16, 2009

My Valentine......


In the midst of the chaos this week I was finally able to rest and relax as Drew and I spent our first Valentines Day together. Although I had to sit class all day and Drew had to work all day....the evening was simply perfect. He came home from work with pink and white roses, and a heart shaped box of chocolates......so cliche but I loved it. Saturday night was grand...being able to eat dinner with the person I love so much......just the two us- in a restaurant filled so many other people.

There's something to say about the cliche moments.......its almost like you are expecting it but when the moment happens- its not what you expected. It's completely, utterly better.

Before we know it.......we are spending Valentines Day with the person we love, our best friend. No more awkard dates, wondering if we will have a Valentine or trying to sweet talk someone into spending Valentines Day with us. I loved this Valentines Day. It was more than I thought it would be.......it was uneventful, low key, and perfect.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute. I just love the simple things too, flowers and some chocolate takes on a different meaning now. The thought matters more, you are his and he is yours, no need for big gifts, just a card will do, saying the sweet things you want to hear. You have a great guy there Chanel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wy....he is basically perfect. But lets not tell him that to much! Did Vin bring his Valentines anything?

    ReplyDelete