Monday, April 6, 2009

Under Construction

I've always been the one that needs to be on the move.....never stopping, relaxing, or enjoying. Growing up I hated being in one spot for too long and that one spot was for some reason at home- I loved going to my friends house, or going to the store.....anywhere except for staying in the house. With the beginning of Spring Break off to a great start, and me planting the idea of redoing our kitchen for the last few months in Drew's head.......I finally got the a-okay to have my dad come in and let his creative juices flow!
Today was Day 1 of construction on our new kitchen. My dad taped out the lay out today so I could visually see how the kitchen would flow. We spent the rest of the day looking at each cabinet and making sure the cabinets would fit. The only dilemma that we have yet to figure out is where the microwave is going to go.
That minor factor doesn't bother me one bit because the cabinets are so beautiful. I love love love each cabinet. Each imperfection of the natural wood look. Each chocolate colored door or drawer. The elegance of simplicity. The lighted cabinets that have glass doors. The "country french" look that my kitchen will have when it is all said and done. I absolutely love them.......and can't wait to share the pictures with you!

Before we know it........we are building a house into our home in a way that speaks to our hearts!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! NEW KITCHEN! How exciting! Can't wait to see this french country kitchen, we will have to break it in when all is said and done, I am thinking we should christen it with some french toast or french fries, has to be something french ;)

    ReplyDelete