Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Boxes and Boxes

I started packing today. Its rather overwhelming. Just the thought of where to start......made me not want to even begin. Hence the reason why I went to Suzanne & Brad's house and sat on their couch and watched tv.....then talked Suzanne into going to the mall with me yesterday. I know in the back of my mind that I need to get on the ball with packing before school starts up but I just don't have any motivation. Probably because I know that the house isn't ready and I don't want to move twice in a weeks of each other. Unfortantely, we don't have a choice but to pack and move before the house is ready. With God's grace we have a renter for the townhome!!!! YEAH!!! So needless to say we need to be out of here before Aug. 29th. With choas, school starting, and a bridal shower to attend we simply have no time what so ever!

So I made my self pack today. I forced my self into the garage and grabbed a few boxes. Opened up the office closet and just stared. We have so much stuff. I mean how do we accumulate so many thing-a-ma-bobers. I told myself.......if we haven't used it since we have moved here (2 years ago) than its going in the garage sale pile. So that is exactly what I did........I robotically picked up items and either placed them in the box or the "has to get sold" pile. (Speaking of if you are looking for any free-bies come to my house before Saturday........take what you want!)

After getting about 4 boxes done and having to run a couple errands for my Aunt my little phone sang a tune. Brad and Suzanne called to offer some help! YES~ I had four more hands to help me do what I really didn't want to do. They brought me an ice cold sweet tea from McDonalds and we got drove head first into more boxes. Well actually Brad did.......Suzanne needed to watch the Season Finale of Tori and Dean that I had Tevo lastnight! She watched to episode and Brad working in the kitchen. I emptied a hutch that was full of candles ( I simply love candles ~ I am always buying them!) After the episode was done Suzanne cleaned out an oak chest that sits at the end of my bed that is filled with my childhood memories. We had so much fun going through my scrapbooks and looking at some of my old school activities ( I actually kept one out to have my students do this year!) We laughed so hard.......Brad came up and shook his head at us because we were playing rather than packing! Oh sweet childhood memories! After that we hung out while Brad and Drew moved a couple of pieces of furniture into Drew's truck to that we can get them to my parent's house for the garage sale!

I think we made a pretty good dent in the packing up.........

Garage Sale Pile....

Photobucket

Keep Pile (so far).....

Photobucket

Drew and I really appreciate all of your help Brad and Suzanne! We know we can count on you all the time!!!! Thank you for being such amazing friends!

3 comments:

  1. Anytime...we had a blast. It was fun going through your childhood "treasure chest."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have friends like that! You know you have a good friend when they help you pack or pick you up at the airport! lol.

    Lily and I can help you too! She's quite strong!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chanelly~
    Well the words to actually describe what is going on in our hectic lives right now is "EXCITEMENT" "JOY" and PURE CRAZINESS !!!!!
    I know, and to top it off....
    IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY....my baby was born today, she came into our world just as she is today....
    A BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER...We Love you so much !!!!
    Don't let the packing and moving get to you...it'll all work out, as it always does :)
    I am sorry I am not there with you today, but I shall be there tomorrow and we'll do what we have to do to get everything done....
    Overwhelming....yes I Know!!!
    We Love you Chanelly, Happy Birthday Cupcake!!!
    xoxoxox Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete