Thursday, December 18, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside......

This past weekend Drew, my parents, and I went to Deep Creek Maryland to celebrate our friends' 30th birthdays! One amazing part of this trip was that we were able to see snow for the first time! Yes, I said we saw snow for the first time! This trip will be one that we will remember for a life time! This is the 5 bedroom/ 5 bathroom house that we stayed in from a couple of nights! This is also the same house that my dad and Wayne decided to chuck snowballs at us with all thier might as we started to get out of the car as we first arrived at the house. It was rather peaceful in this house. Even though there was choas happening inside, oustide was quiet and sense of calmness filled the air. Saturday night Ali and I went in the hot tub. Now it was freezing as we made our way in but as we sat there it was a relaxing time!
One of the fun activities that we did was ride a mountain coaster! At first Drew did not want to go with me...so we rode seperately the first time and then together on the second run! It was an intense adventure! Looking at this picture does not seem to intense but let me tell you....as you ride all the way to the top of the mountain and then you gain complete control of how fast you go. Now when I went by myself I didn't go that fast, but when I went with Drew I don't think he knew what a brake was. He didn't touch it once!!!!!

So here's my thought on snow angels....when you are in the midst of making a snow angel it is rather fun. But then when you stand up and you have snow where you didn't think snow could get (because you have "thousands" of pieces of clothing covering every inch of your body) its not so much fun! Let me tell you, I had snow everywhere. Now, Im not just saying on my shoes and in my hair. No, I mean it was up my shirt and down my pants. I know you are probably thinking to yourself- how in the world did she manage to get snow in those two place- well I simply have no idea.
Another first experience was being able to ski! I was so happy that we could experiencce this together! With a few hundred times of falling on the kiddie slope. I was actually able to make it down the trail twice with out falling! Now you would think that the kiddie would be easier to get down, but it was not. Drew seemed to tackle the kiddie slope easily but me on the other hand looked like a fish out of water. My first attempt was just getting up the kiddie slope. This is where my nasty bruise on my leg came from. Luckily, we both made it back home in one piece, except for that nasty bruise on my leg, we are A-OK!






1 comment:

  1. I still cannot believe that was your first snow experience! You guys are so cute! There is an art to snow angels...I think the trickiest part is not messing it up with your footprints! Can't wait for cookies this week!

    ReplyDelete