Monday, December 22, 2008

FOURRRR!!!


As time passes one's interests begin to change and one does something that one never thought that one would ever do! On Sunday Drew and Brad invited Kasey and I to watch them play a few holes of golf. (Is that the right lingo? I think I need the book "Golf Lingo for Dummies"!) As I drove the golf cart, attempting to follow Drew's directions of where to drive the golf cart and where not to, I found myself thinking it can't be that hard to hit a little white ball with a gigantic black club. So I actually asked Drew if I could try hitting the ball. I know, I know you are asking yourself "Chanel, wants to attempt to hit a golf ball?" But in the midst of asking that question to yourself you actually found yourself revamping the question to, "Drew actually invited her to the golf course?" Well, as many of you know I know nothing about golf. When I say "nothing" that is exactly what I mean. During this little "outing" I asked Drew a thousand questions! Just to give you a little glimpse into Drew's life, on this particular Sunday, here are some of the questions that I asked:

1. Why are there not any bathrooms our here?
2. What hole are we on?
3. Why are you hitting the ball from all the way back here?

4. Can I drive on this part of the course?
5. Why did you hit the ball over there?
6. What hole number is this?
7. How do you know what club to use?
8. What is that thing for?
9. How do you know how far away the flag is?
10. What hole are we on now?

With all of these questions, Drew handled it very well! And if you know Drew as well as I think you all do, Drew gets rather grumpy when his interests do not go his way. So as you can imagine Sunday was rather funny, or at least to me it was! Now my last question is...why do
they not have signs on the golf course telling you where to drive? Is that to hard to ask for? Is this why men always have a hard time stopping and asking for directions as they are driving a car?


Before we know it.....time passes and our interests change. I never thought that I would spend two hours on a golf course watching Drew golf. But, I will let you in on a little secret....I loved every minute of it! (And I think Drew did too)!!

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love how you said, "before we know it..." at the end. You have to do that every time, kinda ties it all in! You and drew are too cute, I knock it off! What were you just married or something ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree that by your phrase "before we know it...." is the perfect and ending to your posting. With having 12 years to my relationship to my husband, times passes by and its true, "before you know it...", you look back at all the wonderful memories you share as a husband and wife, and then, "before you know it...", you have children and imagine what life will throw your way, and I can tell you cherish your new experiences and challenges in life. Because "before you know it....", your children will grow up and its you and your (best friend), husband who will be rocking back and forth on your front porch, laughing, crying and enjoying all of the wonderful memories you both have shared throughout all lives.
    Live, love, share, be thankful and no matter what comes your way it will be another memory to share !!
    Love always,
    Leesel, Elliot, Marcus & Janette

    ReplyDelete