Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Friends and Fun

Today was a great day......no it was an amazing day. Our friends, Ali & Donnie finally arrived! Well, actually I think they were saying that when Drew & I finally made it to the airport to pick them up! Let me fill you in on our day today!!!! To start Drew and I started at the gym today....yes the gym! I know, I know I normally do not go to that specific place but we are going to make this a part of our daily routine. After the gym we came home and I had to do a little cleaning before our fabulous guests arrived. As I cleaned like a bat out of hell and Drew vacuumed upstairs and folded clothes (yes, I said vacuumed and folded clothes- this is a milestone in our relationship especially since he did not put up a fight!) I jumped into the shower and I was able to make it out of the house in 30 minutes (that even included shaving and washing my hair......WOOHOO for me!) However, just when I thought we were going to make it to the airport on time, Ali calls me to inform us that they arrived 20 minutes early......I mean honestly when does an airport, especially during the holidays EVER arrive early? So just when I thought we would be there on time, we were actually LATE. To get there as fast as we could Drew drove like a Nascar driver......and that was a little scary. As we made our way into the airport Drew decided to make a wrong turn and go to departures rather than arrivals. So as you can imagine we had to go all the way back around the airport to get back to arrivals. So right now you are thinking to yourself "Drew is frusterated and rather upset"......well yes he was especially when I am yelling, "WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" So after we made it back to arrivals we picked up Donnie & Ali! At this point the fun has begun! We went to lunch at Panera and walked the entire length of Coconut Point......as we searched for "cheap" sunglasses for Ali. Now cheap and coconut point do not go together but surprisingly enough we actually found a pair for her to buy that did not give Donnie a coronary. After our trip to the mall we came home and got them all settled into the house. Ali asked if we could go and get a pedicure....Donnie was all about it. He said that we really wanted to get one.....so I called and made an appointment for three and then Drew chimed in......."I want one too!!!" So we all were able to get our pedicures for New Years!
As you can see Drew did not want his picture taken....and he "thought" that if he covered his face no one would know that it was him!!!! What do you think.....can you tell its him?

To finish the day it took five people to go to Publix to grab the ingredients to make quesadillas. Ali and I went next door to find her wine and we all met outside in front of Publix. It took Drew fooorrrevvveeerrr to get the things he needed. So as we waited patiently outside of Publix I had to document our standing outside of Publix and waiting for Drew like a bunch of highschool kids standing outside of the movie theaters!

Before we know it the day has passed and we hold a lot of memories to reminisce on later! I can't wait for tomorrow.....the adventures, the memories that we will share, and the fun that awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment