Saturday, March 21, 2009

AAAAYYYY Batter Batter.....

Drew had a softball game Thursday night. I have been meaning to take my camera and "document" his amazing plays but I never remembered to do it. This time I did-
I was like the mom in the bleachers cheering on my pride and joy and trying to get every snapshot of him up at bat. Before the game they all warmed up by throwing the ball back and forth to each other, some took a quick jog around the field while the others drunk a beer.

This season Drew is on a new team and gets a lot of playing time. However this team is very new and they are trying to get into a groove. Although all of the guys are good players, they just haven't played in a while. So needless to say they are getting beat but at least he is having fun!
I love to see the look on his face when he is playing.....its this look of happiness, content, freedom. Its his time of the week to just be.......to let go.......no rules.........no worries.......just to play.......a time that he can have fun no matter what.
Before we know it..........we are taking on extracurricular activities that allow us to let go. These activities may be in a game that we used to do when we were younger, or a pickup game among friends. It may be a hobby that we want to become more experienced at or just simply something that we find interest in.

No comments:

Post a Comment