Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Green, Green, and more Green

Why do we wear green on St. Patrick's Day? What is the meaning behind it? For the most part I wear green so I don't get one of those people that still pinch you because you didn't wear green.

St. Patrick's Day was a lot of fun this year. I started the festivities a little early in my classroom. For the past week we have had a leprechaun visiting our classroom and messing it up........rather strange. Monday afternoon, my kids, set out leprechaun traps and tried to catch the pesky little guy but no such luck. We enjoyed the gifts that he left us and indulged in some green foods! We ate green shamrock cookies, green M&Ms, drank green sprite, and had a golden butterscotch to top it off. I love holidays......its even better when you are surrounded by children who still have the innocence and faith. The way their faces lit up when they came in the classroom Tuesday morning to see if they caught our mischievous little visitor.

To continue the celebration Drew and I ventured out to Miller's Ale House with some friends.....they drank green beer and I ate my favorite item on the menu.......BBQ ZINGERS! Those boneless chicken wings are simply delicious- just talking about them makes me want to jump in my car and head to Millers for an order of them (seriously my mouth is watering)!

Our "Annoyed" looks (these faces are for our waitress):


Me & Drew:


Brad & Kasey




Brad & Suzanne



Before we know it.........we are celebrating holidays a little differently than we did when we were younger. We have a different thought, view, outlook about the holiday. Our beliefs are different, but we follow tradition because that is what we are used to. This year we laughed, joked, ate, drank, and laughed some more. Even though our waitress was not so good (and I am trying to be nice) we had soooo much fun! Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment