Sunday, March 15, 2009

SURPRISE!!!!!!!

There's something to be said about surprise parties. The wait......the mystery of what the person will say.......the secret......trying to make it to the party early so we don't ruin the surprise. I've always wanted a surprise party- just to say that I have experienced the feeling of my heart stopping out of pure astonishment.

Last night we had a surprise party for Lauren, John's girlfriend. She was completely surprised. Her best friend and John did a great job gathering all of her close friends and family at Pazzo's. We had a great time. When she walked around the corner she didn't even realize we were there until she heard us yell.......SURPRISE!!!!!! As you could imagine- she was surprised!

After dinner we went down to McCabes Irish Pub for some drinks, music, and people watching! It was rather interesting.......lots of tourists drunk from the St. Patty's Day Parade and Springbreakers burnt and just ready to party because it was they had a week to do anything they wanted. I'm not really sure why the college kids come to Naples, FL for Springbreak.......it is rather dull- but I do have to say we have some beautiful beaches!
I just could resist this picture.......look at the menu- I felt as if I was in a giant's restaurant. The menus were HUGE- and I'm not exaggerating!!!!!

Before we know it.......our birthday parties are a lot more than what they were when we were kids. They aren't just pool parties or pin the tale on the donkey. They are smaller and more intimate. They are more meaningful and it just gives us another reason to order a fabulous desert (with one candle on top) and shine for the night!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had fun :) I love your dress chanel, so cute. Drew looks a little tipsy with his BIG menu! Ha!

    ReplyDelete