Monday, March 16, 2009

Sundays are the best

Overall when you think about the weekend, its a time to relax and unwind from our busy work week. Saturdays tend to be the day where we run our errands, clean the house, grocery store, shop, clean the car- kind of days. Sundays on the other hand are left with no plans. Its the day where we can actually unwind. Sleep in with no alarm clock, actually eat a delicious breakfast, stay in our jammies as long as we want. Sundays are the days that bring the chaos to a hault until our alarm clock goes off Monday morning.

With Drew working Monday thru Friday now, we have the opportunity to go to church every Sunday. I have really been enjoying it.......it makes me reflect on my little world and gets me to think about the great gifts that I have been given. After church we headed to Ft. Myers beach with some friends! All in all it was a great idea to spend the day on Ft. Myers beach but I was not thinking the idea was so grand when I was driving on a two lane road going 20 miles per hour. But when we made it there it was relaxing.
The hot sun beaming down, the cool breeze steadily jumping off the waves as they broke on the shore line, the mass amounts of people that were making the memories that will last a life time, and great friends that sat with me and kept me company.
I love this time of year.....not too hot, not too breeze......just right- and even though it was a little crazy it was fabulous!
Before we know it.......we spend our weekends entirely different than we did 5 years ago. We can sit on the beach with friends and not need "action". Although "action" is amusing we find comfort in the conversations and knowing that we are surrounded by true friends that will be there when you need them!
I can't wait till summer..........can't wait for everyday to be my lazy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment