Monday, January 19, 2009

Not Just an Ordinary Lazy Day.....

but a lazy day filled with friendship, laughter, food, and the sharing of memories. Today didn't begin with an alarm clock going off and I incoherently pressing the snooze button.....but rather waking up from a well rested night and knowing that today was all mine. I didn't have to follow a schedule or answer to eighteen first graders or worry about getting any work done. The day was mine and it was nice to start out my week with a slow paced day. Drew played golf and I visited with Wylie and Leah. Today was our "cook" date and we made more than just cookies this time..... but we had to make something sweet for dessert. Today we focused on cooking something for lunch. We made a turkey panini with a walnut mustard mixture, green apples, and lettuce. It was delicious!
As you know I love sweets so we simply could not eat healthy....we had to make dessert too. We made these decadent jam thumbprints. And when I say we made them....we actually made them. We made the batter from scratch (even though we got stuck on the addition of 2/3 + 2/3...and yes we both are teachers BUT not math teachers), rolled the batter into balls, and cooked them! We are turning into little Rachael Rays and I love it!
After cooking, baking, and reminiscing on our childhood memories all day we decided to get some fresh air. Wylie, being the creative/artistic mom, grabbed the sidewalk chalk and we got busy decorating the dirty white concrete walkway that leads to her screened porch. Wylie and I found our self loving the chalk more than Leah did. Well, we loved drawing with it and Leah loved eating it! Sidewalk chalk and girl talk what is better than that........
nothing that I know of!!!! Well maybe watching Wylie being such a fabulous mom to her Leahbug!
Photobucket
Before we know it........we forget how to play.......being with the Leah today helped bring the chaos of life to a halt. Try playing with sidewalk chalk again......I bet it will spark some creativity and joy!!!

1 comment:

  1. I find myself checking your blog more than my own! I wake up with my coffee and go right to beforeweknowit... I love how you put our lazy day into perspective. I know I told you this before, but thanks for being in my life. I love when you say I am a good mom, makes me cry buddy, thanks.

    ReplyDelete